Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies....EVER

It's true, they really are the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I know this because I brought them to school and everyone had the same reaction I did. That was 3 days ago and they are still being talked about. Seriously...they are amazing.

What makes them so great, you ask? Well first of all, they are just so photogenic, how could they be anything but yummy? It also is the fact that they are loaded with sugar and flour (sorry guys, but trust me they are sooooo worth it)

And it also probably has something to do with their secret ingredient....

(drum roll please...)...

OREOS!! Yes, it's true- Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. I know, it's shocking.

IMPORTANT NOTE: this is not my recipe (although I would LOVE to say that I was the one who created the best chocolate chips ever :/ ). I found it on Picky Palate, and is an original recipe. All I did was add some almond flour to give it an extra something.

So I apologize for the fact that they are in no way healthy, but I think everyone should at least be aware that such amazing cookies exist. I share because I care. You're welcome.


OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 Tbs vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup almond meal
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 pckg Oreo Double Stuf cookies
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat Oven to 350 F.
  2. In mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla.
  3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and almond meal. Slowly add to wet mixture.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips
  5. Using an ice cream scoop, hold oreo cookie in one hand and scoop cookie dough on top of cookie. Flip the oreo and cookie dough over, and put another scoop on top. Seal the edges so that the oreo is completely covered.
  6. Put cookies on greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. (Makes 12-14 HUGE cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment