Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homemade Granola with Coconut

Ok, I know that it looks like birdseed, but trust me! It's yummy. I adapted this recipe from the back of the Let's Do...Organic Coconut Flakes bag.

The birdseed look was due to the steel cut oats I used. Although it didn't affect the taste, I would definitely use a different type of oats next time.

The recipe called for 3/4 cup almonds, but since I already used almond flour, I decided to substitute it for nuts and dried fruit. I used a 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts, raisins, and chopped dried apricots.







 INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 3/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 3/4 cup chopped nuts and dried fruit
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup agave
  • 1/3 cup mashed banana
  • 1 tsp vanilla
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Mix almond flour, oats, coconut, cinnamon, dried fruit, and nuts.
  3. Mix agave, banana, and vanilla.
  4. Combine; pour evenly onto ungreased baking sheet.
  5. Bake 30 minutes; stir and bake another 30 minutes.

 Perfect on top of yogurt or ice cream :) Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment