Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who doesn't love whipped cream?!

If you haven't noticed by now, I put whipped cream on ALL my baked goods. Why, you ask? Well, for starters, we are always well stocked in the whipped cream department. And why not? It's a sweet refreshing sugar-free topping! (And I also haven't found a sugar-free frosting yet, so this is a great alternative)

But let me clarify...I'm talking about homemade whipped cream. In my opinion, it is so much better than store-bought. And unfortunately...some people don't even know how to make whipped cream! So let me be the one to educate you on this important matter. 


All you need is two simple ingredients:
  • Heavy Cream
  • Vanilla Extract
And the directions are even simplier!
  1. Pour heavy cream in electric mixer and get ready...get set...whip!!!
  2. Add vanilla extract to taste
For chocolate whipped topping, just add cocoa powder.





1 comment:

  1. hehe! You are right! Whipped cream is the greatest thing on earth! There was an all star challenge in chopped where they used garbonzo beans to flavor it just a bit. Surprisingly, all the judges loved it! And dues to you interest in cooking with out of the ordinary ingredients I thought you might want to check it out! Just some food for thought!

    ReplyDelete